Looking glass Witch

Post Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:47 am

He makes a deal?

Didn't think joker had it in him....this must prove he is sane
<<

Ziz

Post Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:47 pm

Re: He makes a deal?

I've never thought the Joker was crazy. He just has an internal logic that makes sense only to him.
The problem with the quest to make the world idiot-proof is that it challenges the universe to create better idiots.
<<

Sydpart2

Anti-conventional existential nihilist

Post Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:16 pm

Ziz wrote:I've never thought the Joker was crazy. He just has an internal logic that makes sense only to him.

I think Joker is crazy for two reasons, one of which he knows. Have you read Arkham Asylum Serious House On Serious Earth?
"Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does."
<<

Ziz

Post Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:41 am

Doesn't sound familiar. Was that a GN or just a storyline in a set of issues?
The problem with the quest to make the world idiot-proof is that it challenges the universe to create better idiots.
<<

Sydpart2

Post Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:58 am

Ziz wrote:Doesn't sound familiar. Was that a GN or just a storyline in a set of issues?

graphic novel
"Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does."
<<

HelpingHands

Post Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:21 am

In that graphic novel (which is now 25 years old!), the Joker is described as Super-Sane, making him look insane to us normies who cannot comprehend the world at his level.
<<

Sydpart2

Post Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:35 pm

HelpingHands wrote:In that graphic novel (which is now 25 years old!), the Joker is described as Super-Sane, making him look insane to us normies who cannot comprehend the world at his level.

I love the theory that Morrison gives about Joker's psyche of how he recreates himself every so often. That basically makes every single way he's been rewritten from the beginning to the crazy just funny stuff from the 60's and 70's and the modern psychotic interpretation valid.

Return to Home Sweet Home